WordPress Media Library is one of the most useful features of WordPress websites. With a comprehensive understanding of how this tool works, you can effectively manage your site’s images and other media files over time to improve its performance and functionality.
In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about WordPress Media Library, including how to use it effectively, how to upload and organize your files, and some advanced tips for maximizing its performance. Whether you’re a WordPress newbie or an experienced user looking to get the most out of Media Library, this guide has you covered! Let’s get started.
Introduction to the WordPress Media Library:
The WordPress Media Library is a powerful tool that enables you to easily store, manage, and organize your website’s images and other media files. With just a few clicks, you can upload digital images, videos, audio files, and more – all directly through your WordPress admin dashboard. This makes it easy to keep track of all your files and ensures that they are kept securely and safely stored on your WordPress site.
WordPress is capable of supporting a wide range of media formats, including:
- Images (JPG, PNG, GIF)
- Videos (MP4, MOV, AVI)
- Audio (MP3, WAV, OGG)
- Documents (PDF, DOCX, PPTX)
Does WordPress Support WEBP Image Format?
Yes, WordPress does support the WEBP image format. WordPress 5.8+ can automatically detect if a visitor’s browser supports the WebP format and will serve them the appropriate image file accordingly.
What are Some Basic options available in WordPress Media?
WordPress Media Library includes a few basic options for managing your files. These include:
- Uploading new files: You can upload new images, videos, and other media files directly to your WordPress site via the Media Library interface. Simply click the “Add New” button and select the file you wish to upload from your computer.
- Editing existing files: WordPress Media Library also enables you to edit your existing image and video files directly from the interface. Simply select the file you wish to edit and click the “Edit” button. From here, you can crop, rotate, or flip your image, as well as add filters and other effects.
- Deleting files: WordPress Media Library enables you to delete any unwanted files directly from the interface. Simply select the file you wish to delete and click the “Delete Permanently” button.
How to Upload Files in WordPress Media Library?
There are several ways to upload files to WordPress Media Library. The most common method is to simply drag-and-drop your files directly into the WordPress interface. Another option is to click the “Add New” button and select the file you wish to upload from your computer. The easiest is simply using the WordPress Admin dashboard.
How to Upload Files in WordPress Media Library from WordPress Dashboard?
1. Log in to your WordPress site and navigate to Media > Add New.
2. Select the file you wish to upload from your computer or device, and click “Open” or “Choose File.”
3. WordPress will now begin uploading the selected file to your Media Library. Once the upload is complete, you will see a preview of the file in the interface.
4. To add additional files, click the “Add New” button and repeat the process.
How to Upload Files in WordPress Media Library Using FTP?
If you are working with large WordPress sites or WordPress Multisite networks, it may be easier to upload your files directly via FTP.
To do this, you will need access to your WordPress site’s FTP Client.
1. Log in to your WordPress site via WordPress Admin dashboard or FTP client and navigate to Media > Add New.
2. Click the “Upload Files from Computer” button and browse for the file you wish to upload on your WordPress site.
3. When the file has been uploaded, WordPress will display a preview of the image in your Media Library dashboard.
4. Repeat this process as needed to add additional files to WordPress Media Library.
With WordPress, you can easily upload and manage all of your website’s images and other media files, resulting in a more streamlined and user-friendly WordPress experience.
How to Export Media Files from WordPress Media Library?
One of the most useful features in WordPress Media Library is its ability to export your files. This enables you to backup and move WordPress media files, as well as share them with others.
To Export Media, Head over to Tools [ Dashboard >> Tools >> Export ]
In Export Section, there will be few options like:
- All content
- Landing Pages
- My Templates
Choose What to Export, and in this Case we would choose Media.
Now Select the Time Frame [ Select Date – End Date ]
Now, Click on Download Export File.
WordPress will now export all of your WordPress Media Library files to a ZIP file, which you can then download and save to your computer.
Editing Images within WordPress Media library: WordPress
Media Library allows you to edit your WordPress images directly from the WordPress dashboard, saving you time and effort. To do this, simply select the image file you wish to edit and click the “Edit” button.
From here, you can:
your image as needed, add filters and effects, or even remove unwanted objects or people from your photos.
How to Crop Image in WordPress Media Library?
Cropping WordPress images is a simple process that can be done directly from the WordPress Media Library interface. To crop an image, first select the image file you wish to edit and click the “Edit” button.
From here, click the “Crop” button and use the WordPress cropping tool to select the area of the image you wish to keep. Once you are satisfied with your selection, click the “Apply” button and WordPress will crop the image accordingly.
How to Rotate Image in WordPress Media Library?
Rotating WordPress images is just as easy as cropping them. To rotate an image, first select the image file you wish to edit and click the “Edit” button.
From here, click the “Rotate” button and WordPress will automatically rotate your image clockwise by 90 degrees. To rotate the image counter-clockwise, simply click the “Rotate Counter-Clockwise” button.
You can also manually enter a degree value to rotate the image by a specific amount. To do this, simply enter the degree value in the “Degrees” field and click the “Rotate” button. WordPress will then rotate your image accordingly.
How to Flip Image in WordPress Media Library?
Flipping WordPress images is just as easy as rotating or cropping them. To flip an image, first select the image file you wish to edit and click the “Edit” button.
From here, click the “Flip Horizontally” or “Flip Vertically” button to flip your WordPress image accordingly. WordPress will then save your image and update it in the Media Library.
With WordPress, you can easily upload and manage all of your website’s images and other media files, resulting in a more streamlined and user-friendly WordPress experience. Whether you need to crop, rotate, or flip your WordPress images, or want to edit them directly from the Media Library dashboard, WordPress has everything you need to optimize your WordPress media files and improve your site. So why wait? Start using Media Library today to get the most out of your WordPress images!
Digital Marketing Expert
Hi, I’m Piyush, A Digital Marketing Expert with more than 7+ years of experience. He has worked with B2B companies to help them grow organically using SEO and Content Marketing.