Wondering How to Embed Google Maps in WordPress?
Well Adding Google maps to your website is a convenient and effective option to display any address.
If your website serves your business and you have a physical store, you want your business to be more visible and easily accessible to potential customers.
With a map, people can get a quick idea of the street and locality where your store is located. It becomes easy for them to navigate to your store.
The WordPress Maps are interactive. The user can move the map around and get a better idea of the location of the store.
Google Maps API
If you want to implement Maps on your website, an API Key for Maps will be required.
Except for those websites generating thousands of requests, using Maps on your site will cost you nothing.
You can get the API Key by creating a Project on the Google Cloud Platform Console.
There are mainly two ways through which you can embed Maps in WordPress:
How To Add Google Maps in WordPress Without A Plugin
If you want to embed a simple map without detailed functionality, you can embed Maps without a plugin using the normal Maps website.
- Step 1: Open the map that you want to embed
- Step 2: Click on the Hamburger menu in the top-left corner
- Step 3: In the list of menu items, select the option for Share and embed map
- Step 4: A Share window will open up, open the Embed a map tab and click on Copy HTML
- Step 5: On WordPress, go to the page or post where you want to include your map.
- Step 6: Add a custom HTML Block and paste the embed code into the block along with the API Key.
Add Google Maps in WordPress using a Plugin
There are various Maps plugins that you can use to embed Maps on your site. You can use this when you want a higher level of functionality like custom location markers or other annotations.
With the use of a simple interface, you can create complicated maps for your website. And all of this you can do on your WordPress Dashboard.
We suggest you use Maps Widget. You can use the other Plugins for greater functionality but Maps Widget is a simple and easy-to-use plugin that lets you embed a map using the Maps Static API.
With the Google Maps Static API, you need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Install and Activate the Plugin
- Step 2: Go to Dashboard > Appearance and select the Maps Widget
- Step 3: Put the Maps API in the Google Maps Widget window
Once you have done this, Maps will be embedded on your page.