How to Change Fonts in WordPress, Do you find it difficult to change fonts in WordPress? Read below.
Fonts contribute to the visual feel of the website, it creates harmony and conveys a certain mood or feeling.
It also helps to create the branding of your site.
Your regular readers subconsciously associate your website with the fonts that you use.
Therefore, you should pay attention to fonts.
For most of the themes, WordPress has a built-in feature to change fonts.
But you may not get the same variety of Google fonts on every theme.
We will show you how simple it is to change fonts in a WordPress theme.
In case your theme does not have the font that you want, we will tell you how to get your desired font on your site.
How to Change Fonts in WordPress theme using the WordPress Customizer
You can use the native WordPress Customizer for style and design customization, from here you can change the fonts.
You just need to follow the given steps:
- Step 1: On the Dashboard, go to Appearance and click on Customize to open the WordPress customizer
- Step 2: Look for the Font/Typography tab. You may need to go through the list of settings to locate the Font settings. This is because each theme has this at different spots. Once you find it, open the Font settings.
- Step 3: Choose your desired Font and save changes.
Almost all themes will give you the option to have a different font for different components.
You can choose different fonts for page title, heading and other components.
How to Use Web Fonts in WordPress
Many of the themes on WordPress have a small list of fonts to choose from.
It may happen that the font you want to put is not provided by your WordPress theme.
The most popular solution to this problem is to use Web Fonts.
Web Fonts are fonts that are hosted on a third-party provider’s website.
You can link your site to the provider’s website and pull fonts from there.
Some of the famous Web Fonts Providers are: Google Fonts, fontfabric, Fonts.com and Adobe Edge Web Fonts.
We will focus on using the most popular from the lot, which is Google Fonts. Follow the steps:
- Step 1: Install and Activate the Google Font Plugin. It is freely available on the WordPress Plugin library.
- Step 2: Choose the font that you want to use from the full list of fonts in Plugin settings. Once you find your desired font, remember its name or write it somewhere. This will come in handy in the next step.
- Step 3: Go to your site’s Dashboard, go to Appearance and click on Customize to open the WordPress customizer
- Step 4: You will find a Typography section at the top of the sidebar, it was placed there by the Google Plugin. In the sub-menu, choose Default Typography
- Step 5: Do you remember the name of the font you want? Choose that font from the list of Fonts.You can select different fonts for the different components of your site like paragraphs, headings, titles etc.
- Step 6: Once everything is done, Click the Publish button.