Introductions WordPress Plugins:
For the WordPress beginners, a WordPress Plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website.
They can extend functionality or add new features to your themes and WordPress websites.
WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress.
These can be free in the WordPress.org plugin directory or can be cost-based plugin from a third-party.
Installing a WordPress plugin is simple and easy. You can install WordPress plugins from the WordPress Dashboard or manually by uploading and Using FTP.
In this guide, we will show you how to install WordPress plugins from the WordPress Dashboard and manually using FTP.
How to Download and Install Plugins from WordPress dashboard Step by Step:
- 1st Step: Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- 2nd Step: On the WordPress Dashboard, go to Plugins -> Add New.
- 3rd Step: WordPress will take you to the “Add Plugin” page. From this page, you can either upload a WordPress plugin file from your computer or search for one using the WordPress plugin search option.
- 4th Step: If you choose to upload a WordPress plugin file from your computer, click on the “Upload Plugin” button. WordPress will now open up the WordPress plugin up-loader for you.
- 5th Step: Choose the WordPress plugin file from your computer and click on the “Install Now” button. WordPress will now install the WordPress plugin for you.
- 6th Step: Once the WordPress plugin has been installed, you will need to activate it. You can do this by clicking on the “Activate Plugin” link under the WordPress plugin.
And that’s all, you have successfully installed and activated a WordPress plugin.
How to Download and Install Plugins Manually Using FTP
If you are having trouble installing a WordPress plugin from the WordPress Dashboard, then you may want to try installing the WordPress plugin manually using FTP.
Before you begin, you will need the following:
- WordPress Plugin File
- Access to your WordPress Files via FTP Client.
Step 1: Download the WordPress Plugin File
- The first thing you need to do is download the WordPress plugin file.
- You can usually find this file on the WordPress plugin website.
- Once you have downloaded the WordPress plugin file, you will need to unzip it.
- most WordPress plugins come in a ZIP file, so you will need to use a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip to unzip the WordPress plugin file.
Step 2: Connect to Your WordPress Site via FTP
- The next thing you need to do is connect to your WordPress site via FTP.
- If you don’t know how to do this, you can check out our guide on how to connect to your WordPress site via FTP.
Step 3: Upload the WordPress Plugin Folder to Your WordPress Site
- Once you are connected to your WordPress site via FTP, you will need to navigate to the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- This is where all of the WordPress plugins are stored on your WordPress site.
- Once you are in the /wp-content/plugins/ folder, you can upload the WordPress plugin folder.
- To do this, simply drag and drop the WordPress plugin folder into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
Step 4: Activate the WordPress Plugin
- Once you have Uploaded Files the WordPress plugin folder to your WordPress site, you will need to activate the WordPress plugin.
- You can do this by going to the WordPress Dashboard and navigating to Plugins -> Installed Plugins.
- From here, you will need to find the WordPress plugin that you just installed and click on the “Activate” link.
And that’s all, you have successfully installed a WordPress plugin manually using FTP..